Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Nice Lady


I have met ladies from China since before when we were staying in Hong Kong. Up to now I still remember Ah Man who taught me simple Cantonese. Yes, she could speak both Cantonese and Mandarin.

When we went back to Singapore, I met more Chinese women who were teachers. What was so wonderful then was that I met my China friend who had an American accent. She told me that her professors in University were mostly Caucasians and Americans in particular, the reason for her accent.

Then, I met more China teachers. I learnt along the way that, like in my born country, some teachers are good and well mannered and some have attitude.

Now, I met another young lady, my colleague actually. She is such a nice lady, so well-mannered and is a true professional. How I hope every Chinese teacher is like her. She is Li Li, a 26 year old lass. With an attitude like her, I am sure she'll go places.

No comments: